Saturday, April 19, 2014

60 North, Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour, The Knitter, Shawl designs

When I mentioned 60 North in the previous post, I hadn't read through it thoroughly and thus given it the time the publication deserved. This is an especially interesting issue--in addition to the chapter about Shetland knitting and Wool Week 2013, you'll find a wide variety of articles. I hope you'll take some time to read them. www.shetland.org.

As anyone who knows me is aware, Shetland is one of my favourite destinations. The articles made me look forward even more to our July visit to this special place, during this year's Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour. www.joycejamestours.com.

Actually, I will be on Shetland and other ports in Scotland during next month's Viking Journey trip. In addition to good memories of sailing on another Hurtigruten itinerary and ship, I chose this one because of the many ports which are rarely offered in one sailing.

I did take out a subscription to my favourite knitting magazine, The Knitter, however was told that it wouldn't start until Issue #72, the July issue. I'll have to make sure I time my visits to my local magazine store so that I don't miss an issue in the interim. This is the cover of the current issue.

The Knitter The Knitter Cover
Currently, I've  been concentrating on the tour to Ireland, starting in late September, and I came across the names of two patterns for shawls which were on display in the Dublin yarn shop, 'This is Knit'. The helpful shop assistant wrote down the names and told me they are both available on Ravelry. One is called 'Sunlight Shawl' by Sylvia Bo Bilvia; and the other is Color Affection, designed by Veera Valimaki.


1 comment:

Judy said...

Color Affection is a wonderful shawl. I will bring it on the Viking Journey.,one of the yarns I used in it is from This is Knit!